Friday, April 23, 2010

The Boss Hog Challenge at Kiser's BBQ Shack

106 people have attempted the Boss Hog Challenge at Kiser's BBQ Shack. Only 31 have left victorious. I've always had a curiosity about food challenges and wondered what it would be like to do one. My roommates, Matt Snow and Ronnie Corey, and my buddy, Greg Wilhelm, and I all went up to Kiser's on Thursday night so that I could attempt to tame this beast. Greg had been wanting to do the Boss Hog Challenge for a while, so he threw his name into the hat as well. As for Matt and Ronnie, they were there to heckle us and watch in pure amazement as Greg and I tried to eat what seemed to be the equivalent of three Thanksgiving dinners in under 30 minutes.

The Boss Hog Challenge consists of two half-pound angus burgers, three pieces of bacon, four ounces of cheese, a half pound of chopped pork, lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, four ounces of barbecue sauce, and finally one pound of fries. All of this must be eaten in under 30 minutes. If you win, you receive a $10 gift certificate, a t-shirt, your picture on the wall in the restaurant, and ultimate glory. If you lose, you go home with nothing but a bad case of heartburn and indigestion. Having never done a food challenge before, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. After playing hockey for 15 years, I had never subjected my body to the intense pain that would eventually be brought on by the Boss Hog Challenge. But once that clock started ticking, there was no turning back.

Below is a picture slide show, revealing the worst 30 minutes of my life. All photos are courtesy of Matt Snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment