Sunday, April 11, 2010

Let the blogging begin

Hi everyone,

My name is Matt Schuldt and I'd like to introduce you to my blog: Delectable Athens.

Delectable Athens is a blog dedicated to exploring and analyzing the various local restaurants and food establishments in Athens, OH. The great thing about local restaurants, in my opinion, is the creativity and variety of the menus. Many local restaurants around the country are known for signature dishes or offering unique cuisine that one wouldn't find at many other establishments. If you look at local restaurants in Athens, there are a plethora of places with signature or nontraditional dishes. At O'Betty's Red Hot, you can order a hot dog covered in cole slaw or baked beans. At Red Brick Tavern, you can order a three-pound hamburger called, "The Monster." These are only a few of the obscure dining experiences that Athens has to offer. I look forward to experiencing these restaurants as well as offering an insight into the history and atmosphere of these places.

I got the idea for my blog from the TV show, Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives on the Food Network. For those who haven't seen the show, it's hosted by Guy Fieri, the host of the new NBC gameshow, Minute to Win It, with the spiked, bleach-blonde hair. Anyhow, Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives is a show where Fieri travels the United States going to various local restaurants and trying signature dishes and interviewing customers and chefs. The restaurants are almost always located in a small town, and the restaurants always have some sort of unique dish that they are known for. I thought applying the show's concept to Athens would be interesting and something that everyone can relate to. Who doesn't love food? I'm excited because I now have a reason to go eat and sample all of this delicious food.

I hope everyone enjoys the blog and finds it entertaining and interesting. I look forward to embarking on this culinary journey and interacting with everyone in the blogosphere.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

~Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment